Friday 23 March 2012

Nude rear

A bit of a change this time. Since time immemorial, artists have been drawn to the human figure, so now it is my turn. I have drawn a few nudes from life before but none of the subjects will let me show off the pictures(!) so in the end I was forced to research pitures of nude women on the internet. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

(And the truth is, drawing nudes is not as fun as it looks in Titanic. It's more a case of 'Can I move?', 'I'm cold', 'Can I have a blanket? How about on the top half whilst you are drawing my legs, then switch?', 'When can I got to the toilet', 'I have cramp', 'Hurry up and draw the thing!', etc. Hence drawing a picture from a computer is much easier. Although there is the obvious disadvantage of not being in a room with a beautiful naked woman, but you can't have everything. Anyway.)

So in the end I chose a tasteful picture of a nude model facing away from the camera and putting her feet in a ballet pose. It's a copyrighted picture so I'm not allowed to reproduce it here I'm afraid...  I chose the cheaper, smoother paper for this picture and used a soft pencil, which I smudged with my finger to get some shadow gradation.  There was a lot more hair in the picture than usual, although it was smaller on an A4 sheet. Because of this, the hair is much less detailed than usual, although I am happy with the 'sweeping' effect.

I was also happy with the back and bum. There is some great lighting in the photo, which allowed me to go really dark on the shadows, showing off the shoulder blades nicely. The hardest part was the feet, which I am still not quite happy with, although you can tell how she's standing. Anyway here she is:

For my latest pictures, visit http://pencil-pictures.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment