Friday 27 January 2012

Audrey Hepburn

This was a suggestion by a friend of mine. The original idea was something of a competition, whereby the following morning we would each produce a portrait of someone we could agree on and see whose was better. He chose Audrey Hepburn, so I agreed, and started work on it when I got home that evening. I drew it in a bit of a hurry, so considering it only took me about an hour and a half I am pleased with the result:
Sure, the nose is a bit flat and the outlines a bit thick, but hey - you can still recognise her!

And to add to that, the guy had forgotten he was supposed to be drawing her. I won, but only by default, so it was a hollow victory!

A nice coda to this is that I was showing another friend of mine the portrait and she asked me to email it to her. I scanned it and sent it, and a few minutes later received the following back:

Needless to say, she is more artistic than yours truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment